BRIEF HISTORY OF CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH ADELAJA REGION (1921-2018)
History is a priceless guide and it is very important in human development but if history is lost, errors of the past are likely to repeat itself with devastating effect and implication.
The immergence of Christ Apostolic Church as the first indigenous Pentecostal Denomination in Nigeria is full of incredible events which reveal the supremacy of the name of Jesus Christ in enforcing supernatural intervention through effectual prayers of the people of God. The God that deteriorate not in glory and diminish not in power is still our God.
Christ Apostolic church is an off-shoot of the prayer Band that began in 1918 at Ijebu-ode known as “Precious Stone” which was later called “Diamond Society. The group came across a magazine of the sword of the Spirit from Philadelphia America which outlined the seven principles of prevailing prayers ignited them for pray earnestly for ten years for revival and lived a life of holiness and in 1928 in answer to their prayers God raised Apostle Joseph Ayodele Babalola that God used to bring about the great revival of 1930 at Ilesa that spread Across Nigeria. The Diamond society spread to Lagos and found acceptance and membership by David Odubanjo from Ijebu-ode and through him the diamond society was linked with the faith tabernacle congregation, Philadelphia, U.S.A between the years 1920-1921.
Christ Apostolic Church Adelaja Region started first in Kano with a small house-cell group of five committed Christian who were J.A. Okunuga, E. A. Odunlami, Amos A. Makinde; Jacob O. Agbaakin and Tanimowo Oshinubi who always gathered in one house for prayer and Bible Study as from August 1921 under the leadership of J. A. Okunuga at No. 43, Warri Road, Sabon-Gari, Kano and when there was no much space for expansion the church moved to its present location at plot 79/81 Ogoja Avenue (Aitken) in Sabon Gari Kano.
In 1924, J. A. Okunuga was transferred to the South where he was ordained as a Pastor and continued with his ministry at Ijebu-Ode until his exit from planet earth in 1940. The transfer of Pastor J. A. Okunuga brought Pastor J. A. Adelaja from Sokoto to Kano were he nourished and developed the church left by Okunuga.
The late Pastor J. A. Adelaja identified Himself with the Revival of 1930 and received help from the Christ Apostolic Church central administration to continue his pioneering ministry in the North. Numerous revivals Pastor J. A. Adelaja initiated and sponsored, led to the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the spread of Christ Apostolic church in this Muslim dominated region.
From Kano Christ Apostolic Church spread to other parts of Northern Nigeria particularly, Kaduna, Zaria, Jos, Niger, Gusau and even Chad Republic. Many of the revivalists who conducted revival services and crusades in most of the cities were sponsored from Kano. The spread of the Christ Apostolic Church was made possible because they had passion for souls and Evangelism.
KANO AS TRAINING CENTRE FOR MINISTERS OF GOD
Kano as the headquarters of Christ Apostolic Church in the North became the training centre for would be ministers of God. Most ministers of God from Plateau, Adamawa, Taraba, Borno, Kaduna, Zaria, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi were trained in Kano by Pastor J A Adelaja. The training manual was not the type of curriculum that we have today in our seminary. The training of those days was to turn ministers into the image of Christ and all graduates of those training were on fire for God and were effective in soul winning, fasting, prayers to overcome the forces of darkness and conducting revival that led to the spread of the frontier of the church. The emphasis of the training was the infilling of the Holy Spirit to receive power from on high, brokenness through tutelage and humility, vigorous prayers, reading the scriptures, fasting to receive unction from on high and living a life of holiness. There was no psychology to take the place of the Holy Spirit and no philosophy that make you cast doubt on the word of God instead of simply believing the word of God.
In the year 1990 the decision to establish CACTS Bokkos was arrived at Section C meeting and the seminary was established in 1992.
It was in the year 2000 through the effort of Pastor S.O. Akinsulere that a CACTS was established in Kano which is still functional and flourishing. CACTS Numan Campus started in January, 2009 at Imburu near Numan Town and to the glory of God is waxing stronger and stronger.
Will the church be better with only knowledge that puffs up without love and power (1 Corinthians 8:1)? No we must all go back not only to knowledge but to be filled with love and the power of God that will tear off the kingdom of darkness.
THE MAN OF GOD PASTOR J A ADELAJA
The man of God Adelaja was mighty in word, prayers and deed. History has it that forces of darkness and witches and wizards were afraid of his prayers and wanted him dead by all means. One day one of the witches in Kano came to inform Pastor Adelaja that he should prepare because he was going to die 12 midnight of that faithful day. On hearing that Pastor Adelaja summons courage and began to pray with his wife by 9pm that day. When it was just thirty minutes to 12 midnight, Adelaja that don’t use to sleep during prayers felt asleep and his wife continued the prayer and when it was some minutes to 12 midnight, he work up again and they continued in prayers to God. In the morning of the next day the witch came to confirm the dead of Adelaja but was surprise that he was still alive and she run away. Adelaja was known in hell and Hell was afraid of the prayers of the man of God.
THE SPREAD OF THE CHURCH IN THE UPPER BENUE REGIONS OF NIGERIA
In 1939 a CAC member by name Marcel Osime from Agenebode in delta state of Nigeria met Stephen K Nzofite of the upper Benue Regions of Nigeria which is now (Adamawa and Taraba States) while fishing and won him to CAC and Stephen K Nzofite introduced CAC to the Bachama and other ethnic groups in the Niger-Benue confluence area and Elias Kajila and Medan Tanan pioneered CAC in the Old Adamawa province. In 1941 Osime informed Stephen of the coming of Pastor Medaiyese, Pastor J.B Orogun and others would be coming for revival that would be followed with Baptism and then he quickly informed his kinsmen. Those that attended were indigenes of Agenebode, and Bachama who massively turned to the Lord after which they were baptized by Pastor Medaiyese on 31/3/1941. Later on history has it that the old Church in Numan was roofed by Pastor Medaiyese. Stephen later experienced the miracles of healing from purging; recovering of his stolen fishing net through prayers and How Jesus appeared to him in October 1942 with staff in His hand and asked him to become fishers of men henceforth and he received the baptism of the Holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in diverse kinds of tongues of Which God asked them to fast for seven days so that they will receive more guidance. Stephen was able to compose above 100 worship songs. They met Babalola and he prophecy to them that “I don’t know that you are the fishermen that God told me about”. History has it that when Babalola went to Adamawa God miraculously gave him the ability to speak their native language that aided the spread of the gospel. Elias and medan pioneered the CAC In Adamawa in the 1940s and CAC took root in Adamawa in Imburu in October 1944 through Elias Kajila and medan Tanan. The headquarters was there and later transferred to Numan because of flooding at the bank of the river. CAC was established in Lamurde in 1950 through Madam Nyaru who was from Rigange but got married in lamurde. After her marriage because Christ Apostolic Church was not in Lamurde she used to go for service at Rigange which was just two and half miles away. The establishment of the church became much easier when Ishaku the vessel that God used came and with her presence the ground was already prepared for the acceptance of the church.
CAC Dwam Pare started around 1946. CAC in Jimeta Yola was started in mid 1960 by one Mr Tunde Sunday idowu along with his wife and three others in their house in lower Luggere, near present Specialist Hospital Jimeta Yola. The civil war brought the church to its knee until it was resuscitated again in 1/4/1974 by Evangelist E.O Akano and R. A Jimoh and accompanied by Comfort Iyabo from Jos. Pastor M.O. Adelesi the Kano district Superintendent visited Yola on 19-24/11/1974 to put the church in shape.
CAC in Jalingo town came into being in 1992 through the effort of Jacob Kehinde Akano and Oluwasesan Ojo who were already members of CAC from saki in Oyo state and Aramako Ekiti state respectively.
The prophecy of God for Adamawa and Taraba has materialized with over hundred of churches established by the natives and one of them by name pastor Seed is the assistant mission Director CAC worldwide who has travelled throughout the country and outside to spread the tentacles of our great mission.
THE SPREAD OF THE CHURCH TO PLATEAU STATE
The Christ Apostolic church spread to Jos and it started in a place formally used by both CAC and TAC for worship but later Mr Mensah gave CAC a place of worship at number 39 Thompson street, Jos. It was when the Revivalists came from Kano, Kaduna, Zaria that CAC began to spread from Jos to Bukuru, Sabon Gida yaya(Bisichi) and it was later that CAC relocated to Number E31/32 haliru street Jos in 1958.
The Church came to Bokkos and its environ through the Evangelistic outreach of AGE/Pastor S.O.Adeleye who took the gospel to Barkin Ladi in 1957 that resulted in miraculous signs and wonders that led to the spread of CAC In Barkin Ladi, Bokkos, Mangu just to mention but a few. During the crusade the Vessel that God will later use (pastor S.A.Akilling) to spread the gospel was the one that carry the drum that was use as stage or platform for the crusade to the crusade ground. The preacher was AGE/Pastor S.O Adeleye and his powerful Hausa interpreter was Late DS pastor John A adekola who died as a District superintendent in Yola. Water that was in the present location of barkin Ladi market turned to Blood and people with diverse sicknesses and diseases were cured through the water. People deserted the Barkin ladi hospital to the crusade ground which made the white medical practitioners to persecute them. The Doctors wanted to know the power they were using to perform miracles, signs and wonder and they opened Mark 16:17-20 ton them and they became speechless. A mad man by name Olarewaju that was cured of his insanity from Tenti Sofo sparked the greatest revival that spread Christ Apostolic Church in Bokkos land. When Adelaja heard about the establishment of Church in Tenti he was so glad and visited the place but on reaching the area he discovered that there were no trees like the southern part of Nigeria and lamented that the gospel had fallen on a barren land (meaning where they will get money to finance the gospel?). As he came back to Kano a woman came and confronted him that God told her that he has sinned against God. He argued with her until she explained to him that he went to a place in Plateau and through unbelief he was questioning how God will sustain his work in that part of the land. God told him that the place he looked down upon will be the place that CAC will flourish most. It was then he fall down and repented of his sin of unbelief and began to train the ministers in that part of the land and supported them also in the payment of their salary for sometimes. True to that prophecy Bokkos now is having almost 200 churches established by the natives and they now have many ministers of God spread throughout Nigeria and one is now the General Secretary of CAC Worldwide and one is the first Regional superintendent of Adelaja Region and another is the Zonal superintendent of Gombe Zone under this Region. Evangelist Moses has spread the gospel to most part of Yoruba land and even outside Nigeria to places like Ghana.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH IN SOKOTO
After Adelaja left Sokoto, there was no one to take care of the church he left behind in 1924 went into extinction. Late S.L. Afere a nurse that was a member of prayer warriors in Christ Apostolic Church Zaria was posted to Sokoto and he gathered five like-minded people and they started prayer in his house and as the number increased they moved to Bello way which is now the English Assembly in Sokoto. They requested for a minister of God from zaria and Evangelist J.A.Adeleye was posted to them in 1962. As the work of God expanded Zaria had to post another minister of God Pastor N.B. Ayam that became the first Area pastor whom God used mightily that he was nicknamed Jesus bull dozer. The church of God flourished immensely during his tenure. The foundation stone of Sokoto where the DCC headquarters is was laid on 28/8/1976. Sokoto became District 1/11/1983 which was inaugurated on 21/6/1986. On 1/9/1994 Sokoto became a zone and subsequently a DCC on 1/1/1996. Some Districts under Sokoto are Mabera and Old Airport District and some of the churches established are Wurno, Bunza, Achida and Anka etc.
KEBBI AND ZAMFARA
Kebbi and zamfara were under Sokoto administration before becoming what they are today. It was in the 1980s that Pastor N.B. Ayam and Evangelist Ajibuwa from Sokoto launched out and established Christ Apostolic Church Kebbi and Zamfara that are now zones. They also established CAC Argungu, Talata Mafara and Kwanawa before the demise of Pastor N.B. Ayam on 15/3/1983 in a motor accident.
There arose dispute between Sokoto and Kebbi when Pastor J.K. Omotoso was the District superintendent. The problem was intense that police were brought into the scene which that led to the arrest of some of the members. The situation was so ugly that when the case was settled members deflected the interim side of the Christ Apostolic church.
It was in 1991 that Sokoto under Pastor D.A. Bolarin had to revisit Christ Apostolic Church Kebbi and re-established the church. Still the rift between the interim church and CAC executive continued as each wants to claim some of the churches in other towns under them. CAC Kebbi became a zone in 2011 and Pastor J.K. Olu Ejire became the first Chairman until 2014 when he left and Pastor M.A. Ayoade took over from him as the Zonal superintendent. The Districts under Kebbi Zone are Kebbi, Zuru and Yauri.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH MAIDUGURI
Christ Apostolic Church Maiduguri came into being in 1968 when a group of brethren made and started rotational prayers among themselves in their various houses. The brethren are S.A. Daniel, S.K. Olayemi, J.A. Jenyo, Agbenike, Oguntoyinnbo carpenter, and Mrs Alice Oyedele. They later acquired a land where the present headquarter church is located. It was on January 7th 1971 that the first minister posted to them was from Kano by name Pastor Akinokoye. Mubi Became Zone in 1994 and they granted Mubi and Gashua centre same year 1994.
Christ Apostolic church Mubi in Adamawa State but under Maiduguri Zone in Borno state came into being through the relentless effort of Elder Timothy a native of Kwara state and Baba Olorunyomi a native of Oyo state. Elder Timothy was a member of Christ Apostolic Church Jimeta Yola before relocating to Mubi in 1968. Timothy and Olorunyomi were worshipping with the Apostolic Church before when they were at the Mundang side of Mubi Town but when they relocated to yelwa they started Christ Apostolic Church in a rented apartment before acquiring the land that they have now from Alhaji Baba Akawu Mai Sallah. Evangelist Aina was the first minister in Mubi while Pastor Omitogun became the first Assembly Pastor. Mubi became centre in 1994 and Churches under the centre are CAC Mubi 1, CAC Mubi 2 and CAC Gombi. Mubi though under Adamawa State but is under Maiduguri in Borno state because when they needed assistant from Yola they did not get it but Maiduguri assisted them promptly and their allegiance was completely turned to Maiduguri.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH IN GOMBE STATE
Following the Revival that broke out, Christ Apostolic Church came to Gombe in the 70s. It was under Jos but later Bauchi Districts. With the decentralization of Section C in 1991 Gombe came under Jos Zone and Later Jos DCC. By the year 1998, Gombe was granted a Zonal status. Gombe Zone is having five Districts. The Zonal headquarters is CAC Mountain of salvation headed by the Zonal Chairman Pastor John R mangai, Ashaka District by Pastor G.O Akande, Victory District by Pastor N.O Adisa, Bajoga District by pastor P.Z. Akinwimide and Tunfure District by Pastor Israel Adeyemo. Apart from the District there are seven un-ordained ministers.
BILIRI started from Cham through an old man that was member of Christ Apostolic Church before.
C.A.C NORTH SPLIT INTO FIVE AUTONOMOUS DISTRICTS.
Following the death of Pastor J. A. Adelaja on 31st October 1969, the Northern Nigeria which hitherto was administered as a contiguous entity, was split into five autonomous districts but with a provision to have a common chairman who represented them at the executive council of C.A.C to be based in Kano. The districts were Kano, (seat of the Chairman), Kaduna, Jos, and Numan Districts.
It is important to note that the idea of a common chairman for C.A.C. in the Northern Nigeria gave birth to section “C”.
SOME NOTABLE EVENTS
In December 1975, C.A.C. Kano hosted the General Council meeting of the Mission which was the first in the North, annual general conference of the Good Women Association in 1976, CAC annual convention in September 1982. It must be emphasized that C.A.C Kano hosted many other National Conferences including Sunday School Rally, defunct decentralized Pastors’ conferences, Ministers’ wives conferences, Good Women association conferences, CACMA conferences, publicity conferences, CACTS Alumni conferences just to mention but a few.
On August 3rd 1992 Section C was carved into the three administrative Zones as Kano, Kaduna and Jos Zones respectively.
In February, 1999, C.A.C. authority granted Kano the status of districts coordinating council and Kano became a Regional headquarters with effect from 1/1/2018 with the following states under it. They are Kano, katsina, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Adamawa, Taraba, Borno, Yobe and Gombe states.
PAST AND PRESENT CHAIRMEN IN C.A.C KANO
- Late Pastor J. A. Adelaja – 1925-1969
- Late AGS/Pastor M. G. Adelesi – 1970-1975
- Late AGS/Pastor J. A. Adedeji – 1975 – 1978
- Late AGS/Pastor M.B. Olujuyigbe – 1979 – 1983
- Late AGS/Pastor E. A Faniyan – 1983 – 1886
- Late AGS/Pastor E. A. Adeoye – 1986 – 1992
- Late AGS/Pastor P. O. Agbabiaka – 1992 – 1994
- Late AGS/Pastor D. A. Larayetan – 1994 – 1997
- Pastor S. O.Akinsulure – 1997 – 2001
- Pastor M. O. Okewoye – 2001 – 2004
- Pastor E. O. Ijeweremeh – 2005 – 2008
- Pastor J. D. Komolafe – 2008 – 2014
- Pastor S. N. Maichibi – 2014 – TILL DATE.
Christ Apostolic Church Kano became a region and the first Regional Superintendent is Pastor S.N.Maichibi whose duty commences on 1/1/2018.
REVIVALIST RESIDENT AND INVITED
Since its inception C.A.C. Kano has always loved prayers, crusades and revivals. Thus in writing the history of Adelaja Region, it is expedient to mention some of these people whom God has used mightily to make Adelaja Region what it is today. Notable among them were Assistant General Evangelist Pastor S. O. Adeleye, Assistant general Evangelist Pastor R. A. Olukayode, Evangelist/Pastor Edeh, Pastor J.A. Akintola. It was Pastor Akintola who set aside the debate and arguments characteristics of the Church Building Committee and embarked on direct labour approach, the method which is still the most fruitful and successful approach to building project. Through His method the auditorium in which we are today was completed within twelve calendar months. The same Pastor Akintola introduced the weekly thanksgiving in Kano which is now popular in most Assemblies in C.A.C, Prophet T.O. Obadare, DGE, Prophet Abiara, DGE/Pastor D. A. Dada and Prophet M.O. Adio, Prophet Gabriel Adelabi, Prophet Hezekiah O oladeji.
ACQUIRING OF NUMBER 81 AITKEN ROAD SABON-GARI, KANO
The Mission House which is plot Number 79 has long been acquired and developed by the Church as its Mission House. Plot number 81 where we are now was owned and occupied by a hostile land-lord. According to Pastor (Dr.) A. O. Ade Olutimehin, this land-lord dragged the Church to court several times since 1953 for disturbing his peace with our noise of jingling of hand bell, drums and shouting of Halleluiah especially during night vigils. At that time the Children of God prayed with zeal that God should inherit this same house for His Name. The answer to this prayer came in 1970.
The said landlord was given money to buy groundnuts and other agricultural products for the OLUDE STORES COMPANY. However, this landlord could not deliver the goods to Olude Stores Company nor could he refund the money. Therefore, by the order of the court, the Landlord forfeited his house to the Olude Stores Company which put up the house for sale. This coincided with the time that No, 43 Warri Road, was found too small for the numerous worshipers who were looking for a new land for Church building. The Church quickly grabbed the opportunity and bought the plot.
Pastor Samson Ogunyale Akinsulure shared his vision of establishing Juvenile Church, Kano CAC Theological Seminary, CAC Nursery and Primary School. The incumbent leader, Pastor Solomon Nanpan Maichibi, who happened to be the first Regional Superintendent, has contributed immensely to the general growth and progress of the Region, part of which includes the take-off of English Assembly, CAC Prayer Centre, CAC Naibawa Church, CAC Centre of perfection under Oke-Ibukun District, CAC gada-Kazaure under fulfillment District, CAC Hausa Assembly under Abedie centre, etc. Some churches under Kano District includes CAC Great Miracle Ijebu road.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH – DUTSE JIGAWA STATE
Christ Apostolic Church Dutse was established in 1993 by Pastor A Philip Awolumate. He started the church with his family members and on 10/8/1995 the population had already swelled up to seventy worshippers and acquired the right of occupancy of the church issued by the Jigawa state Government dated 19th September, 1995. Christ Apostolic Church – Dutse grew to become a district in 1999, with its inauguration on 17/12/99.New Assemblies were established under it with Christ Apostolic Church Kiyawa established on 26/10/97, Christ Apostolic Church – Hadejia on 1/10/2003, Christ APOSTOLIC Church Jahun 2007, Christ Apostolic Church – Gumel later got its land approval on 15/2/2008 but it started on 1/5/2009 with Evangelist Segun Ajayi in charge then. Pastor L. O. Adeyinka was in this district for 14 years leaving behind many trained disciples. Presently we have Pastor Daniel I. Okebe as the new District Superintendent who took over from Pastor Adeyinka in April 2016.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH IN KATSINA STATE.
CAC Katsina was founded by some Ijesha traders in the year 1959. This group of people went from village to village selling their wares to people and as there was no place of worship to practice their faith, they grouped themselves together and began to worship in the house of one of their leaders. As they grew in numerical strength, they felt the need to secure a land in the town for the building of a Church located behind Kano Road, off Dutsin-ma Road, Katsina.
In 1987, there was a religious crisis which negatively affected the Church to the extent that the Church building and the Pastorium were seriously damaged which dampened their morale and it took the grace of God for the minister and his family to escape un-hurt. This ugly development gave rise to the agitation that the Church would move from Katsina city to the outskirts of Katsina and got a parcel of land at kofar kaura new layout and commenced the construction work on a gradual basis. The Church finally relocated to the new site in the year 1990 and became a district in the year 1993. The churches under the District are CAC Kankara Founded in the year 1971 by the same Ijesha traders; CAC Dutsin-ma was founded in the year 1963 by Pa. Famakinde, Pa Kolade and other Ijesha traders, CAC Yantumaki Founded by the same Ijesha traders and CAC kankia was founded by Mr. Olayinka John and Mr. E.T. Oluwole in August, 1981. These people lived in Kankia town where there was no place of worship and had to shuttle to and from Kankia to worship in Katsina, a distance of about 60 kilometers. They subsequent nurtured the idea of setting up their own Church to avoid the inconvenience of travelling to Katsina and to enable their family members worship the Lord and win more souls for God and Magama Jibia was established in late 1989 by CAC Katsina Headquarters who saw the need for Church of God in Magama to cushion the inconveniences that our members were passing through as they had to travel a distance of about 48 Kilometers to worship in Katsina. When D/S Pastor J.I. Akinrinade that serves from March 2013- Oct. 2015 Pastor S. O. Obagbadegun took over as district superintendent from Oct 2015 till date
Christ Apostolic Church Oke-Igbala was established on the 12/06/1982 with the procurement of the land by Christ Apostolic Church Aitken headquarters.The foundation laying stone was conducted by Pastor M.B. Olujuyigbe (AGS). The first set of people to make use of the Church, were C.A.C Pastors all over the Nigeria who were in Kano for C.A.C General Convention that was held on 26/9/82. The Revival to herald the opening of the Church started on 11/10/82 by Evan/Pastor Z. O. Alo Kano District Evangelist Kano District who took his text from John 1:29 and title the message “Behold the Lamb of God, who carries away the sins of the world. The officiating dedication of the Church was reformed on 15/10/83 by Late Rev. E. A. Faniyan (AGS) the then chairman of the C.A.C Section C.
The English Section of the Church was established at No. 14 Freetown Sabon-Gari Kano on 14/2/1998 and It was declared opened by Pastor S. O. Akinsulure the then Chairman, Kano D.C.C.
The Church became center on 29/12/1998 and District on 17/12/99. The Church established the second English Section branch at No.43 Wheather Head S/Gari, Kano on 22/10/2002. It was also declared opened by D/S Pastor I. O. Afolabi. To the glory of God, the church has produce not less than 30 ministers of God who are spread across Christ Apostolic church and other denominations. Other Churches under the District are Kazaure, Balathudges etc.
Pastor Joseph Bamidele Erinle became its District superintendent and retired 15/7/2018 and Pastor Olawuyi became the new District supt in August 2018.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH FUNTUA DISTRICT
The Church was established on 1962 with 3 major members and their family; Elder Akano, Elder Ainde and Evangelist Edeh. They started in a small room in Sabon-Layin Funtua, Katsina State. The Church was later brought to her present site BCJ area in 1964 as a result of persecution under Evangelist Ayam and to the glory of God the Church building was built in 1976 under Evangelist Ajayi.
Funtua District was established on 23rd July, 1986; under C.A.C William Zone in Zaria, Kaduna DCC under three assemblies under the District are CAC Oke-Isegun Funtua, CAC Oke_Isegun Malumfashi and CAC Oke-Ayo Funtua.
The following men of God have served as Funtua District Superintendent from inception till date: D.S Pastor Benson, DS Pastor Afolayan, DS Pastor Blessed Ajayi, DS Pastor Ilesanmi, DS Pastor Ishola, DS Pastor Oyebanji and DS Pastor L.A. Olumoroti as the current District Superintendent.
Churches under the District are Christ Apostolic Church Oke-ayo in 1984 under a revivalist Lady Evangelist/Prophetess Abigail; C.A.C OKE-ISEGUN MALUMFASHI was established in the year 1974. The Church was under Zaria Zone and later brought to Kano DCC; C.A.C OKE-IGBALA FUNTUA which was established on 7th July, 1996 under Prophet Adejare John and CAC DANDUME which was founded in the year 2015 under Evangelist Paul Areo with 5 members. The greatest challenges that the Church is facing now is that, they have no place of worships yet, they are still using one small room.
HISTORY OF C.A.C HAUSA ASSEMBLY
Christ Apostolic Church Hausa Assembly started on 7th September, 2014 by Pastor Solomon N. Maichibi the DCC Superintendent of Kano DCC. The Church started with fourteen members. Pastor Yusuf Y. S. Mangut emerged as the first Assembly Pastor on 11/1/2015 to date and the Church started at No. 85 Aitken Road Sabon-Gari, Kano now relocated to No. 12 Abadie /France Road, Kano.
B.D Padonu. The publicity department Christ Apostolic Church Jos DCC. Akins press and services, n.d
Damien Bitrus Asodati. A history of CAC in the upper Benue Regions of Nigeria (1944-2014), 2016.
Maichibi, Solomon Nanpan. The advent of Christ Apostolic church in Bokkos DCC and the ministry of DGS/Pastor (DR) S.A. Akilling JP, Oyeku production, 2003.
The History of CAC Kano DCC by the Publicity Department (Unpublished).